Save Money On Car Insurance



Can I Save Money On My Car Insure Premium?

It does feel a little odd, as I drive like Big Brother is watching. So then again, Allsate says I´ve the opportunity to save up to 30% on my car insurance and it makes me more diligent about my driving habits, which overall I believe is a great thing. So I am giving a test run for six months to Drive Wise.

I found out from my Allstate agent about Drive Wise, when he called me just before my coverage renewal. He said that, yes, it'd likely feel a little intrusive in the beginning, if I did not enjoy using the apparatus but I could give it a try after which return it at any time. He said I Had conserve an automatic, one time minimal 10% reduction for attempting this system.

The apparatus was simple to install and arrived by FedEx. I track my driving along with my proposed reduction, on the Drive Wise web site. I will keep you updated on my expertise.

Please let me understand what you consider using a device in this way to save cash in the "duel" remarks below.

Save Money On Car Insurance
Save Money On Car Insurance

What Drive Wise Computer Screens

Here are the driving details tracked by the Drive Wise apparatus. Not all of these matters are counted toward or against your reduction, and not all parameters are given equivalent weight towards that reduction. But we, the motorists, do not understand the real algorithm.

Challenging and Extreme Braking

Challenging and Extreme Acceleration (These aren't yet used in computing the savings, because Allstate continues to be assessing the hazard-predictive value of these occasions.)
Miles Driven Over 80mph
When You Drive -- Days and Hours of the Day
Absolute Cumulative Miles Driven
Excursion Time, Duration and Distance, and Rate

This is what the Drive Wise website says about the danger of various driving times on weekends and weekdays. When you log into your account, you will see graphs revealing you when you have been driving based on these time slots...

Weekdays:
High Risk 11pm - 4
Average Hazard 4am - 12pm
Low Hazard 12pm - 11pm

Weekends:
High Risk 11pm - 5
Lowest Hazard 5am - 11pm

Notes on Difficult and the Discount /Extreme Braking:

Per the Drive Wise website: For your first complete coverage cycle, you will get a 10% registration reduction on your main insurance cover. After that, your reduction will be computed on a rolling basis, based on the preceding 12 months (or 6 months when you start) of driving.

Your premium car insurance increases as the application is now set up, but your evaluation does not promise you a reduction either.

Viewing hard braking, the scoring model can be said to consider the fact that a few tough braking is sometimes required for the really safest motorists. (For instance, someone might pull out in front of you.) So you are not supposed to be too concerned with any one occasion recorded in your apparatus.

The Drive Wise hazard models were created to look at "the big picture," and they say that if your driving habits are usually safe, you will perform well over the long run. Also, if someone or you could stand to leave a larger space pillow between others and your car, the apparatus is assumed to enable you to see that, after which you can track your improvement.

What My Car Insurance Broker Did Not Tell Me

I have known him for quite a long time and actually enjoy my broker. But he did neglect to tell me a few things about Drive Wise.

AFTER THE FIRST TRIAL COVERAGE PERIOD, first, there is a $10 fee per enrolled vehicle for each 6 month coverage period, for the usage of the apparatus. So that cuts into any reduction there. IF one gets a reduction at all (because it is not ensured). That could mean paying $10 additional! (Upgrade 3/2013: A remark was posted on this page by an Allstate agent in another state, telling us that this $10 is just billed in some states, not others.)

Additionally, the rules establish a minimum amount of days the apparatus must be installed that you earn a Performance Rating. Especially, that is ninety days over the progress of the 6 month renewal period.
After getting my DriveWise apparatus and reading the fine print, I talked to my representative, and he said he did not understand about the $10 fee (now seemingly discontinued in some states) or the part about "important coverages" and was not even certain what the latter means just. He said I am the first one of his customers to use this thing. He requested me to keep him posted ... which I 'll.
Post:  Save Money On Car Insurance